Yair Etziony – As Above So Below. The title is taken from one of the foundations of Hermetism The significance of this quote is that it is believed to hold the key to all mysteries; “That which is above is the same as that which is below”. Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos. The universe is the same as God, God is the same as man, man is the same as the cell, the cell is the same as the atom, and so on, ad infinitum.
The album was written and performed on a limited system, Roland TR-606 drum machine (used for drums but also as the main clock), Roland MC -202 and a Eurorack modular system. I wanted to limit the compositions to hardware instruments and use the computer for recording, mixing and editing. “As Above So Below” fuses dark drones, tribal machine beats and endless shoegazer textures to create a psychedelic shamanic trip that aims deep into the smallest elements of the human psyche and aims to portrait the cosmos as its mirror.
Hermeticism, also called Hermetism, is a religious, philosophical, and esoteric tradition based primarily upon writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus. These writings have greatly influenced the Western esoteric tradition and were considered to be of great importance during both the Renaissance and the Reformation.
BUY THE CASSETTE AT LAMOUR RECORD STORE
BUY THE CASSETTE AT BAND CAMP
Yair Etziony is a composer, curator, born in Israel but living in Berlin Germany.
Etziony who studied bass and music theory with Shmulik Aroch and Arie Wollinez is always a trailblazer, from his days as techno DJ to leader of psychedelic rock bands, he is always trying to reinvent himself as a performer and composer. Over the years he released music in Germany, Canada, Great Britain, Sweden and Japan (in labels such Spekk, Interchill, Freizeitglauben, Lamour and many more).
Since 2010 He is running the label False Industries, a record label specialising in electronica and experimental music.
All music was written produced and mixed by Yair Etziony at the Handwerker Raum Studio Berlin 2017.
Artwork by Tuvia Kudashevitz
Masterd by Joakim Westlund
Yair would like to thank the following people for the inspiration and help: Sivan, Noam, Tuvia, Daniela, Tim, Sam, Alec, Martin, Arikon, Viktor, Aviv G, Haggi D, Haggi F and Barry.
REVIEWS and ARTICLES
Radio support from:
• Eldoradio Dortmund 93.00 Klangwelten 28.08.2018, 22:00 https://www.eldoradio.de/
• FM dial on Sound Art Radio in Devon, UK https://kbog.org/
• Easy Street Radio
• Rádio Universitária do Minho: O Dominío dos Deuses
97.5 FM Braga, 27.08.2018, 22.00 – 24.00
• FM dial on Sound Art Radio in Devon, UK and on Easy Street Radio
• Stranger than Paradise Radio Show #182 – Radio Q37 02.08.2018
• FBI Radio Sydney 94,5 https://fbiradio.com/945fm/programs/utility-fog/2018-09-02/macrocosmos/
• The Parish News https://www.mixcloud.com/TheParishNews/one-hundred-and-ninth-edition/
• Radio Libertaire 89.4 Paris – SEPPUKU ! 切腹 07/10/18, 22.00 – 24.00 https://www.mixcloud.com/seppuku-libertaire/